Main page content
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
Equal by 30 is a public commitment by public and private sector organizations to work towards equal pay, equal leadership and equal opportunities for women in the clean energy sector by 2030.
Equal by 30 asks organizations, companies and governments to endorse principles, then take concrete action to accelerate the participation of women in the clean energy sector, and close the gender gap.
THE HIGH-LEVEL PRINCIPLES
- We aim to lead by example, integrating equality principles into our organization and policies, and will step up our efforts to promote gender diversity activities, in areas of recruitment and career advancement in particular.
- We pledge to highlight and support women, and close the gender gap, by promoting actions in our business.
- We will provide leadership, and share our experiences and lessons learned on gender diversity programming and initiatives.
- We recognize the importance of reporting on progress and will support efforts to improve the collection of gender disaggregated data so that we can and report on our progress in a transparent, open manner.
- We aim to lead by example by taking concrete steps to promote gender equality so that our lessons can serve as an example for others to follow.
- We aim to integrate a gender lens into all levels of our work, mainstreaming gender equality into our organizational culture and process.
- We will set high standards for the recruitment, promotion and participation of women, adopting more rigorous requirements where necessary.
- We will report regularly within our organizations and to the public we serve, so that progress is measured, visible, well-communicated, and we are fully accountable to our citizens.
Equal by 30 was launched on May 24, at the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) in Copenhagen. It operates under the banner of the Equality in Energy Transitions Initiative, which works to accelerate gender equality and diversity in clean energy transitions.
Check out what Isabelle Hudon, Co-Chair of the G7 Gender Equality Advisory Council, had to say at the launch event!
The Equality Initiative was launched at the first Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) in 2010 to advance women's participation in the clean energy revolution. This high-level forum works to promote policies and programs that advance clean energy technology, share lessons learned and best practices, and accelerates the transition to a global clean energy economy. It is the only regular meeting of energy ministers at which they exclusively discuss clean energy.
The Equality Initiative is also a Technology Collaboration Programme (TCP) under the International Energy Agency (IEA). Through this platform, the Equality Initiative benefits from expertise and support from government, industry and research organizations in more than 50 countries. Both the IEA and the Clean Energy Ministerial Secretariat are proud partners of Equal by 30.