- BEST is the Austrian Centre of Excellence for energetic biomass utilization with more than 15 years of experience.
- BEST joined Equal by 30 in May 2019
- BEST headquarter is in Graz, locations and research sites are in Vienna, Wieselburg, and Tulln, Austria.
- Learn more about BEST
BEST started equality measures right from the beginning of its set up phase and finally framed most of those measures in company agreements between 2014 and 2018:
- Constant data monitoring on equality issues, e.g. number of male and female employees in different functions and management levels.
- Equality principles that are embedded in our organizational manual and have to be seen as a code of conduct since 2014.
- For the recruiting, we have developed gender sensitive employment ads. On our website, the section “career” is meant to encourage both men and women to apply for various positions in the centre.
- In the scope of the human resources development, a number of company agreements were elaborated together with the works council: Flextime, career models, travel (time) compensation, telework, on-call standby and parental leave
- A uniform salary scheme has been agreed upon and a broad range of training and qualification offers has been elaborated – for both men and women.