Canada Green Building Council
- The Canada Green Building Council is a not-for-profit, national organization that has been working since 2002 to advance green building and sustainable community development practices in Canada
- CaGBC joined Equal by 30 in July 2019
- Canada Green Building Council is headquartered in Ottawa, with an additional office in Vancouver
- Learn more about Canada Green Building Council
While CaGBC is focused on the green building sector, as a signatory, CaGBC demonstrates commitment to the Equal by 30 principles: To lead by example in integrating equality principles into recruitment and development; to promote gender diversity activities in our training and development; to provide leadership and share our experiences on gender diversity programming and initiatives; and, to report on progress towards our Equal by 30 goals.
To ensure we meet the reporting requirement, the Canada Green Building Council has committed to the following organizational goals:
- Avoid discrimination in recruitment practices, including taking non-traditional career trajectories and non-standard work experience into account in recruitment decisions.
- Aim for 50 per cent representation of women in all junior, midlevel and senior positions in which currently underrepresented by the year 2030.
- Aim for a 50 per cent target for women’s representation as board members and executive officers.
- Modernize policies to support flexible work hours, telecommuting, working part-time, and extended maternity and paternity leave.
- Promote Equal by 30 and its principles, including to facilitate the exchange of best practices and knowledge-sharing where possible.
Our progress toward these goals is already significant. Today, CaGBC observes equality principles in our recruitment, selection, and compensation policies and practices. As of spring 2018, 66 per cent of our total headcount is female, with our senior management and technical green building teams comprised of 63 per cent women.