Main page content
Canadian Renewable Energy Association (CanREA)
- The Canadian Renewable Energy Association is the voice for wind energy, solar energy and energy storage solutions that will power Canada’s energy future.
- The Canadian Renewable Energy Association joined Equal by 30 on July 1, 2020.
- The Association is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada
- Learn more about CanREA
In support of the objective of achieving equal pay, equal leadership and equal opportunities for women in the clean energy sector by the end of the next decade, CanREA commits to:
- High-Impact Collaboration: CanREA will continue to pursue creative opportunities to collaborate with and support organizations with mandates aligned with the Equal by 30 principles. This includes our partnerships with Women in Renewable Electricity WiRE, a non-profit whose chapters across Canada and globally advance the role and recognition of women, and Women in Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE), an organization committed to building a diverse workforce for the success of the renewable energy economies around the world.
- Support for Systemic Change: CanREA will continue to support relevant initiatives that promote systemic change consistent with the Equal by 30 principles. This includes CanREA's role as an advocate for the Leadership Accord for Gender Diversity, an initiative of Electricity Human Resources Canada. This widely adopted accord calls for united action by employers and others to ensure women are informed of opportunities in the sector, and supported and provided with equal access in their pursuit of them.
- Closing the Gap with Members: CanREA is a key source of insights and expertise to its broad membership. Through its various communications channels, CanREA will promote both the Equal by 30 principles and the actions needed to put them into practice. Consistent with its broader support for operational excellence within the Canadian wind energy, solar energy and energy storage industries, CanREA will encourage member efforts to leverage the full range of skills within a diverse and representative workforce.