- Enagás, has over 50 years of experience as an independent TSO (Transmission System Operator), is an international benchmark in the development and maintenance of gas infrastructure and in the operation and management of gas networks.
- Enagás joined Equal by 30 on May 24, 2018.
- Enagás is based in Spain.
- Learn more about Enagás
Enagás, midstream Company with 50 years of experience and European and independent TSO (Transmission System Operator), is an international benchmark in the development and maintenance of gas infrastructure and in the operation and management of gas networks. The Company has presence in 8 countries (Spain, Sweden, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Italy, Albania and Greece).
Enagás is aware of the challenges posed by the socio-economic factors characteristic of the current socio-working environment: globalization, immigration, the incorporation of women into work, changes in prevailing social values or new technologies. To adequately respond to these challenges, Enagás must provide itself with an adequate cultural environment and prepare to face them. In this sense, it is considered essential to have a work environment in which trust and mutual respect prevail, and in which aspects such as diversity, integration and recognition of individual merit are distinctive features of the company's identity.
In this context, and in order to achieve this objective, Enagás has started a series of measures that have made it earn several recognitions in this area. Likewise, and with the same purpose, it has signed the following institutional agreements and commitments:
- Enagás Equality Plan, a document signed in 2009 that provides the company with an action framework to promote effective equality, equity, merit, and personal progress, the conciliation between work and personal life and co-responsibility between all professionals.
- The distinctive "Equality in the Company": granted in 2010 by the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality. Mark of excellence that recognizes companies that stand out in the development of equal opportunity policies between women and men in working conditions, in organizational models and other areas such as services, products and advertising of the company.
- Diversity Charter: Voluntary letter signed by Enagás in 2014 to promote its commitment to the fundamental values of equality. This initiative is supported by the European Commission as a result of the measures that the European Union adopted in 2000 about equality and non-discrimination.
- Collaboration Agreement with the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality on the adoption of measures to increase the presence of women in management positions and management committees, underwritten in 2014.
- Collaboration Agreement with the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality to promote awareness of gender-related violence, underwritten in 2015.
Enagás seeks to ensure that the principle of equal treatment and opportunities between women and men and non-discrimination based on gender be a principle of all business activities in a transversal and present way in all policies, procedures and actions of management of Human Resources of the Company. Based on this, the following areas of action are:
Access to Employment
- Promote the incorporation of women in the Organization, mainly in the professional groups and positions in which they are underrepresented.
Training, promotion and professional development
- Promoting an equal treatment and opportunities for women in the Company through training.
- Guaranteeing objectivity and non-discrimination in the internal promotion processes, eliminating possible barriers that make it harder for women to access to positions of greater responsibility.
- Strengthening the female presence in responsibility positions within the organization.
- Enhancing the presence of women in all professional skills analysis, and professional development needs.
- Maintaining a salary system that guarantees transparency, objectivity and equity at all times, under the principle of non-discrimination based on gender, ensuring that the remuneration system is aimed at rewarding achievement.
- Guaranteeing equal treatment and appreciation of people who are enjoying some of the measures provided by the company for work and family life conciliation between work and family life.
Key Performance Indicators
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are defined as management and monitoring indicators to evaluate the acquired commitments:
- Promotions made by gender.
- Training hours disaggregated by gender.
- Monitoring of the presence of women in the core business areas considering the evolution of women in staffareas.
- Monitoring of the wage gap and analysis of underlying causes.