The Energy Council of Canada
- The Energy Council of Canada is a professional and collaborative organization with broad membership at the executive level, working to advance current energy issues through objective energy dialogue and direct engagement with the World Energy Council, toward shaping an affordable, stable and environmentally sensitive energy sector for the benefit of all Canadians.
- The Energy Council of Canada joined Equal by 30 on August 15th, 2018.
- The Energy Council of Canada is based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Learn more about the Energy Council of Canada.
The Energy Council of Canada is pleased to support Equal by 30 through a range of initiatives, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Working toward a 30% representation of women on the Energy Council of Canada's Board of Directors, to promote diversity and further develop as broad a representation of energy stakeholders as possible at the board level.
- Aiming to have equal representation of women in the Young Energy Professionals, an Energy Council of Canada program, which aims to contribute toward the development of Canada's future energy leaders and executives presently working in the energy sector.
- Aiming to have a greater representation of female executives at Energy Council of Canada events as panel participants, moderators, and keynotes.
- Actively promoting the energy sector overall as a sector with opportunities for women in a diverse number of professions and levels of experience.
- Ensuring the on-going development of workplace policies, practices, and operations to be certain women are well represented in the Energy Council of Canada.