The Association of Energy Engineers and the Council on Women in Energy & Environmental Leadership
- The Association of Energy Engineers is a nonprofit professional society of over 18,000 members. The mission of AEE is “to promote the scientific and educational interests of those engaged in the energy industry and to foster action for Sustainable Development.”
- The The Association of Energy Engineers joined Equal by 30 in May 2021.
- AEE is a global association, with members in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Learn more about the The Association of Energy Engineers
AEE will continue to pursue opportunities to collaborate with and support organizations aligned with the Equal by 30 principles.
AEE will promote the Equal by 30 initiative, as well as other partnerships that support this initiative, to AEE’s network globally.
AEE will work towards the following goals:
- Track gender information about all members and certified professionals
- Increase representation of women on local chapter boards and AEE committees by 2030.
- Increase membership in the organization where females represent 30% by 2030.
- Increase certified professionals in the organization where females represent 30% by 2030.
- Increase representation of female speakers at AEE conferences by 2030.
- Increase representation of female authors in AEE Journals by 2030.
- Provide equal opportunities for advancement for women on the AEE Staff
AEE will support CWEEL - the Council on Women in Energy & Environmental Leadership, a division of AEE to:
- Increase mentorship opportunities for women in the clean energy sector.
- Increase scholarships for women in the clean energy sector.
- Provide leadership training and opportunities for women in CWEEL and AEE
- Provide recognition of women’s achievements in the energy sector in the AEE & CWEEL Awards programs