Main page content
- Established in 1981, Econoler is a Canadian consulting company specialized in energy efficiency, delivering consulting services in Canada and internationally with a focus on developing countries.
- Econoler joined Equal by 30 in December 2018
- Econoler is headquartered in Quebec City, with offices in Montreal, Toronto, Sofia (Bulgaria) and Washington, D.C.
- Learn more about Econoler
Econoler has already adopted progressive hiring practices and a pay-equity policy, is committed to offering equal opportunities for professional advancement and is supporting flexible work schedules, telecommuting and extended parental leave. As a result, women not only account for 58% of our staff, but also 50% of our executive team. Furthermore, women are holding at least 40% of the all junior, mid-level and senior positions.
By participating in the “Equal by 30” initiative, Econoler highlights the following commitments:
- Use the existing internal gender parity to integrate gender equality into project development and management by ensuring, to the greatest extent as possible, that international and local project teams include women in key positions.
- Build the Econoler staff’s gender-equality skills and competencies to enable them to develop and implement gender-sensitive and gender-responsive projects.
- Wherever possible, include a gender-equality component in the project approach, even if not required by the client, to ensure that energy projects are gender-sensitive and gender-responsive.
- Generate knowledge and scientific information about the link between energy and female empowerment. For example, as part of a project that Econoler is currently carrying out together with the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), we will be publishing scientific articles examining the link between energy access and female empowerment in Benin, Senegal and Togo, by working with local universities.
- Promote the “Equal by 30” initiative in our internal and external communication materials and efforts.