Main page content
- Finnish Energy is a branch organisation for the industrial and labour market policy of the energy sector in Finland. It represents companies that produce, procure, distribute and sell electricity, gas, district heat and district cooling and related services.
- Finnish Energy joined Equal by 30 on March 17, 2020.
- Finnish Energy is based in Helsinki, Finland.
- Learn more about Finnish Energy
Finnish Energy committed to promoting gender equality in the energy sector
Finnish Energy is participating in the international Equal by 30 campaign initiated by Clean Energy Ministerial and promoting its goal (equal pay, leadership and opportunities by the year 2030).
In the midst of the energy transition and in climate change mitigation, all the best workers are needed in the sector for the goals to be reached. This means that the genders should be more equally represented in the sector, so that we do not lose potential.
To reach these goals:
- We are committed to furthering the promotion of women in all personnel groups, including management groups.
- Finnish Energy is committed to increasing the proportion of women in the sector by 2030, at all levels, as the climate change and energy transition need the best talents, and it is profitable for business.
- We are committed particularly to advocating an increased proportion of women students, especially in technical fields, in higher education, and for more girls to select STEM subjects. One can end up in the energy sector through many routes, and we encourage people from a variety of different backgrounds to apply for posts in the sector.